FEMA Contractors: Get Started Now, We Can Help

This year has been a rough one for the United States, with multiple disasters including Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Maria and the many California wildfires, just to name a few. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) was created to help local and state governments respond to a disaster and to help with disaster recovery.

While disasters take a huge toll on American families, these disasters also provide some opportunities for contactors. If you are interested in learning more about FEMA contractors and becoming a part FEMA disaster recovery, read on as we explain a few helpful facts.

1. FEMA Contractors Are Needed
Anytime a governor declares a state of emergency, the governor then has the option of formally requesting the president to have FEMA step in and help out with disaster response and relief. This happens multiple times throughout each year, such as with Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. While hurricane season has ended, repairing the damage caused by these tremendous storms barely has begun. Likewise, cleaning up after the many California wildfires also is just in the beginning stages. In addition, there have been several other notable FEMA-declared disaster areas around the country in 2017. This includes disasters related to flooding in Idaho, West Virginia, Michigan, New Hampshire and Oregon. FEMA contractors are needed to respond to all of these disasters.

For instance, clean-up crews are needed, and there are thousands of homes, apartment complexes and businesses that need repairs. FEMA also often needs civil engineers, construction specialists and even security guards. FEMA contractors are in short supply, so we encourage you to complete all the paperwork necessary to become FEMA contractors and take advantage of these lucrative and helpful jobs.

2. Compile Some Basic Information
Before people or companies become FEMA contractors, you have to have a few important items in place. The first is to know your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), which is easy to find on your tax forms. Secondly, you need to contact Dun & Bradstreet and apply for a DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) number. This is free and takes just a few minutes to complete. Once you have your TIN & DUNS handy, you can apply to become FEMA contractors.

3. Let Us Complete Your SAM Registration
SAM stands for System for Award Management, and this is basically a database that includes pertinent information about each company that is interested in being FEMA contractors or government contractors or vendors. When you apply for SAM, you will receive what is known as a CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code, and this is the identifier that every government agency will use to find information about your company.

While you can apply for SAM registration on your own, completing the application can take more than 15 hours. Not only is the application lengthy, it’s fairly complicated and confusing. We hear from people all of the time that want to be FEMA contractors but were overwhelmed by the SAM registration process. This is where we come in. Once you have your DUNS and TIN, just give us a call and hire us to complete your SAM Registration. Over the years, we have helped thousands of individuals and companies complete SAM Registration. Once your application is complete and approved by the government, you will be ready to bid on FEMA contracts.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *