System For Award Management: 5 Fast Facts

If you want to bid on government contractor jobs, one of your first steps will be to complete your System for Award Management (SAM) registration. There are thousands of jobs available, but without SAM, you won’t be able to take advantage of these opportunities. Read through our helpful list of fast SAM facts, and then give us a call and let us help you with the lengthy registration process.

1. SAM Registration Is Your Only Path To Government Contracting
If you don’t complete System for Award Management registration, you will not be eligible to bid on any government contracts. Likewise, if your SAM registration expires, you also will be ineligible to bid on contracts. Fortunately, once you complete this process, you will be ready to go, and free to bid on an assortment of contracts from agencies such as FEMA, Department of Defense and more.

2. Recruiters Often Use SAM
You might be surprised to learn that sometimes you don’t have to seek the government jobs; they find their way to you. While you have to complete System for Award Management registration so that you can bid on government contracts, it’s also a tool that many federal agencies (and even state and local agencies) use to find contractors. In fact, sometimes government contractors will use SAM to find subcontractors, as well. SAM is an excellent recruitment tool, as well as a way for you to discover opportunities.

3. Many Agencies Are Hiring Now
Depending on the type of business you own or the services you provide, there are always government agencies that need your help. For instance, with the recent California wildfires as well as the many severe hurricanes in 2017, clean-up crews and construction companies are in high demand from agencies such as FEMA. Other agencies that often need contractors include the Department of Energy, the Navy Electronic Commerce, the Defense Logistics Agency and more. Once you’ve completed System for Award Management registration, you can head to websites such as to search for contracting opportunities worth $25,000 or more.

4. SAM Registration Takes Time
While the government does not charge for System for Award Management registration, we receive calls every day from people completely frustrated by the registration process. Many people actually get about 20% of the way through registration, become frustrated, and thus aren’t able to take advantage of many profitable job offers. It takes many hours, as many 15 hours in fact, to complete SAM registration, and you simply may find that you don’t really have extra time to devote to the registration process. Government contracting is profitable, and we can help. Rather than spending several of your valuable working days struggling with complicated government procedures, let the team at Federal Contractor Registry complete this task for you.

5. Gather Some Info & Give Us A Call
To get started, we need a few pieces of information. This includes providing us with your federal taxpayer identification number (which should appear on any of your previous tax forms) and your DUNS number. If you do not yet have a DUNS number, simply head to the Dunn & Bradstreet website and apply for one. It’s free, and a very quick process, taking just a few minutes to complete. It can take 24 to 48 hours, to receive this number, once you have applied. Once you have this information, either give us a call or fill out our quick contact form today and a representative will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Read More

MPIN Number: What Is It & Who Needs It?

Our government is like a big pot of alphabet soup, and if you are getting ready to bid on government contracts, you probably hear acronyms such as MPIN, SAM, CAGE, FBO and DUNS tossed around. It can be confusing to understand what these all mean and how they affect you as a government contractor, but we can help you break it all down in a few helpful steps.

1. It all begins with SAM
SAM stands for System for Award Management. This is essentially a huge database that includes all of the vendors that work with the federal government, as well as people who are seeking grants and those providing grants. If you are interested in government contracting, you need to complete SAM registration and then you can be listed in this database as a vendor. Before SAM, there were multiple databases where vendors registered, but SAM makes it easy for Federal agencies to find vendors in one centralized location.

2. For SAM, You Need DUNS (and EIN)
Ah, the complexity. We could just explain the facts about an MPIN number, but it makes more sense in context. All contractors must complete SAM registration, which is what Federal Contractor Registry can accomplish for you. However, before you register for SAM, you need to acquire a DUNS (Dun & Bradstreet Number). This is a unique 9-digit number that identifies your business’s physical location. If your business includes multiple physical locations, you will need a DUNS for each location. Applying for a DUNS is free and registration takes just a few minutes. Once you have this number, you can come to us for SAM registration. We also will need your business’s Employer Identification Number, which is known as an EIN, and it should be located on any tax return you have filed and it your bank also will have it on hand, as the EIN is required to open a business bank account.

3. After SAM, You Receive Your MPIN Number
MPIN stands for Marketing Partner ID Number. After you complete SAM registration, you receive this number, and this is the password you will use to log in to various government databases, such as This website is part of the General Services Administration, and you can find many contractor jobs on this website from agencies such as the Department of Justice, the Department of the Navy, the Department of Transportation and so on.

4. MPIN & CAGE: Are they Similar?
Once you’ve completed SAM registration, you receive both a MPIN number and a CAGE code. While the MPIN is what you use to log in to various government websites, the CAGE code is the code that identifies your business. An official in any government agency can look up your business or you as an individual using this code.

It is important to note that your SAM registration needs to be renewed every year. We can help you with your initial SAM registration, which is a lengthy process, as well as helping with SAM renewals. After a renewal, your CAGE code and your MPIN number will not change. However, if your SAM registration has not been renewed, you will not be able to access government websites nor will you be able to bid on government contracts.

While the MPIN number, CAGE code, SAM registration and so on might seem complicated, we make it easy as possible for you to become a government contractor. The process of filling out SAM registration is complicated and very time-consuming, and many of our clients tell us that until they found our service, they had just about given up on the idea of government contracting. However, there are so many opportunities available, and once you deal with SAM registration, you can get started with the bidding process. Let us help you jump over the SAM hurdle and get started with government contracting.

Read More

FEMA Contractor Jobs & 5 Facts About FEMA

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), an agency of the Department of Homeland Security, is tasked with disaster response coordination. In order to provide these services, there are many FEMA contractor jobs available throughout the course of the year. At Federal Contractor Registry, we can help contractors get started with FEMA contracting and also can provide some general information about FEMA and its history.

1. FEMA Is A Relatively New Agency
Until the 1970s, disaster response and relief typically was handled on a case-by-case basis and many agencies within the government would respond to a disaster, which often led to confusion as to which agency was handling which task. There was no official organization to coordinate disaster response until 1973, when the Federal Disaster Assistance Administration was created, and this agency was part of the Department of Housing & Urban Development.

In 1979, President Carter became increasingly pressured by governors of multiple states to create a stronger, more centralized agency to assist with disaster response and, thus, FEMA was established. This caused a major reorganize of various disaster-related agencies within the government, and agencies such as the Federal Disaster Assistance Administration and others merged into FEMA.

2. FEMA Has Its Ups & Downs
During its first decade, FEMA assisted with few large-scale disasters, and was plagued with bureaucratic problems. Even applying for FEMA contractor jobs was a more difficult process, and the agency was criticized heavily by the press. This was particularly an issue during Hurricane Andrew in 1995 when it took FEMA about five days to send in federal assistance, despite thousands of citizens being without power as well as without access to food and water.

After Hurricane Andrew, FEMA was reformed and a new director, James Lee Witt, was brought in to streamline this agency. Witt previously served as the director of the Arkansas Office of Emergency Service, so his previous disaster-response experience helped him create a FEMA that was more efficient and better able to respond quickly to disasters throughout the United States and its territories.

3. FEMA Continues To Evolve & Change
When FEMA was formed, it was an independent government agency. In fact, the director of FEMA was a cabinet post during the Clinton years. After September 11, 2001, however, FEMA was moved into the Department of Homeland Security. After Hurricane Katrina, FEMA was again reorganized and some preparedness functions were removed from its charge, including the Office of Infrastructure Protection, the National Communications System, National Cybersecurity Division and the Office of the Chief Medical Officer.

4. FEMA Declarations Are Complex
When a disaster occurs, FEMA doesn’t just automatically step in, provide disaster relief and start handing out FEMA contractor jobs. The governor of the affected state must first make an official request to their regional FEMA office. Usually before this occurs, officials conduct what is known as a PDA, or preliminary damage assessment, to gauge the level of the disaster and its severity. From there, the President will then declare that a major disaster or a crucial emergency exists and, at this point, FEMA can be activated and begin to assist with relief and support.

5. FEMA Contractor Jobs Are Prevalent
Despite reforms, it still can be difficult for FEMA to provide assistance after a large-scale disaster. Often, this is simply because they need more contractors to help with clean-up, repairs, engineering tasks and more. While there are many FEMA contractor jobs available, many companies and individuals mistakenly believe that bidding on FEMA contractor jobs is too difficult or complicated. However, once you have registered as a government contractor, it can be fairly easy to bid on, and ultimately receive, a federal contracting job.

If you are interested in bidding on FEMA contractor jobs, the first step is to complete your System for Award Management registration, or SAM registration. This is where we come in. SAM registration is a complicated process that can take as many as 15 hours (or more) to complete, but we can handle the entire process for your, ensuring that registration is handled properly and as quickly as possible. Once you have completed SAM registration, you will be able to bid on those lucrative FEMA contractor jobs. If you are ready to get started, just give us a call at any time and we will begin the process.

Read More

FEMA Contractors: Get Started Now, We Can Help

This year has been a rough one for the United States, with multiple disasters including Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Maria and the many California wildfires, just to name a few. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) was created to help local and state governments respond to a disaster and to help with disaster recovery.

While disasters take a huge toll on American families, these disasters also provide some opportunities for contactors. If you are interested in learning more about FEMA contractors and becoming a part FEMA disaster recovery, read on as we explain a few helpful facts.

1. FEMA Contractors Are Needed
Anytime a governor declares a state of emergency, the governor then has the option of formally requesting the president to have FEMA step in and help out with disaster response and relief. This happens multiple times throughout each year, such as with Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. While hurricane season has ended, repairing the damage caused by these tremendous storms barely has begun. Likewise, cleaning up after the many California wildfires also is just in the beginning stages. In addition, there have been several other notable FEMA-declared disaster areas around the country in 2017. This includes disasters related to flooding in Idaho, West Virginia, Michigan, New Hampshire and Oregon. FEMA contractors are needed to respond to all of these disasters.

For instance, clean-up crews are needed, and there are thousands of homes, apartment complexes and businesses that need repairs. FEMA also often needs civil engineers, construction specialists and even security guards. FEMA contractors are in short supply, so we encourage you to complete all the paperwork necessary to become FEMA contractors and take advantage of these lucrative and helpful jobs.

2. Compile Some Basic Information
Before people or companies become FEMA contractors, you have to have a few important items in place. The first is to know your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), which is easy to find on your tax forms. Secondly, you need to contact Dun & Bradstreet and apply for a DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) number. This is free and takes just a few minutes to complete. Once you have your TIN & DUNS handy, you can apply to become FEMA contractors.

3. Let Us Complete Your SAM Registration
SAM stands for System for Award Management, and this is basically a database that includes pertinent information about each company that is interested in being FEMA contractors or government contractors or vendors. When you apply for SAM, you will receive what is known as a CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code, and this is the identifier that every government agency will use to find information about your company.

While you can apply for SAM registration on your own, completing the application can take more than 15 hours. Not only is the application lengthy, it’s fairly complicated and confusing. We hear from people all of the time that want to be FEMA contractors but were overwhelmed by the SAM registration process. This is where we come in. Once you have your DUNS and TIN, just give us a call and hire us to complete your SAM Registration. Over the years, we have helped thousands of individuals and companies complete SAM Registration. Once your application is complete and approved by the government, you will be ready to bid on FEMA contracts.

Read More

WWW.Sam.Gov: 3 Reasons To Bypass This Website

If you are new to government contracting, one of the very first steps you have to take is to complete your System for Award Management (SAM) registration. While you certainly can tackle this process yourself for no cost at www.Sam.Gov, we highly recommend that you consider using our services instead. If you are wondering why you should pay a third party to help with SAM registration, the following reasons might convince you.

1. WWW.Sam.Gov Can Be A Confusing Website
If you’ve ever applied for any type of service or benefit from the federal government, then you probably already understand how confusing a government website can be. In order to complete SAM registration, you need to learn about items such as CAGE codes or NCAGE codes if you are a foreign registrant, as well as acronyms such as MPIN, PSCs, FAR or DFARS, POCs and much more.

If your head is not yet spinning, it will be by the time you finish reading the government’s “helpful” Quick Guide for Contract Registrations. While the government truly does want businesses to take advantage of the many available contracting opportunities, there are so many different terms and organizations one must learn about, that it quickly can become confusing to know precisely what information you need to provide for SAM registration.

2. The Registration Process Can Take Two Full Working Days To Complete
In order to begin the process of bidding on government contracts, you can head to www.Sam.Gov and create a user account. Creating a user account might seem simple enough; after all, it’s just creating a username and password, right? Not quite. This is just the beginning of a lengthy registration process.

First you must select an account type, either an individual account or a system account. But which one do you need? In order to decide which option to select, you must read through the list of choices, decipher what these choices entail and select the right option.

After you’ve figured out this information, creating the user account takes just a few minutes where you provide contact information (both email and phone), inform the system whether you prefer email or phone correspondence and why. They actually do ask you why you prefer phone contact over email contact or vice-versa. Then you must create a username and password and provide the answer to security questions such as “What is the name of your first stuffed animal?” Or perhaps, “Who was the first person you kissed.” At this point, you will be able to create your user account.

That’s where the real fun begins. Once you have confirmation that your account has been created, you can log into the system Of course, you also have to have a DUNS number, a taxpayer ID number and the routing and account numbers from your bank account. This is the minimum amount of information you will need before filling out the form. During the actual application process, you will need to provide information such as your NAICS (North American Industry Classification) codes, decide whether or not you want to opt in for a public search, complete a SBA (Small Business Profile) for the SBA Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) if you are a small business and so on. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

While there are plenty of free resources and even YouTube videos to help you through the process, it can take 15 hours or more to do the research and fill out your SAM registration via www.Sam.Gov. For many people, this is a chunk of time that they simply cannot spare. You are busy running your business and probably don’t have 15 extra hours to spend filling out a complicated registration form. Therefore, it just makes sense to hire an experienced third-party registration service to complete this lengthy task for you.

3. You Have A Solid Alternative
At Federal Contractor Registry, we’ve been helping companies and individuals complete SAM registration for many years. Obviously, as a third-party service, we do charge a fee, but we already are completely familiar with the process of applying for government contacts and understand all of the acronyms and nuances of the SAM registration process.

We have many clients that begin the process themselves on only to become frustrated and consider giving up. Once you are past this hurdle, you can begin bidding on contracts, but the process itself is so time-consuming and overwhelming, it can be a huge deterrent.

If you are frustrated with www.Sam.Gov and the SAM registration process, just give us a call or fill out our quick contact form and one of our agents will contact you as soon as possible. We can answer any questions you might have, as well as completing the entire SAM registration process for you. Government contracting can be profitable and rewarding, so take the plunge and give Federal Contractor Registry a call today.

Read More

SAM Registration: 5 Facts You Need To Know

If you are ready to take your business to the next level and begin contracting for the government, then you should know that this process is quite different than bidding on contracts in the private sector. Your first step in government contracting is to complete your System for Award Management registration, more commonly known as SAM registration. Here are a few facts about SAM and the SAM registration process.

1. Who Needs SAM Registration?
Basically, any person that wishes to do business with the federal government needs to complete SAM registration. This includes those providing services, such as construction or repair services, as well as vendors. A vendor would be someone who provides goods or products for the government. Additionally, any business or individual applying for a federal grant or federal financial assistance via needs to be registered with SAM. Typically, though, our clients are those providing services or acting as a vendor for the federal government.

2. What About CCR & ORCA?
There’s quite a bit of alphabet soup in the world of bureaucracies, and many of our clients also believe that they need CCR registration or perhaps ORCA certification. CCR stands for Central Contractor Registration and ORCA stands for Online Representations and Certifications. These two “systems” are no longer used, but you still might hear them thrown around by people who have contracted with the government. Today, you simply need to be concerned with attaining SAM registration and don’t have to worry about CCR or ORCA.

3. SAM Includes Multiple Procurement Systems
When SAM was developed, it combined many different procurement systems and these systems were added to SAM in phases. In the past, each of these systems required its own registration process, but SAM registration streamlines everything into one system. The systems that merged into SAM include the CCR and ORCA, as well as the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS), Federal Business Opportunities (FBO), Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA), Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (eSRS), Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA), Wage Determinations Online (WDOL), Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG) and the Past Performance and Information Retrieval System (PPIRS).

4. Before You Register, You Need These Two Things
After you have completed your SAM registration, you will receive what is known as a CAGE code. This stands for Commercial and Government Entity code, and each government supplier, vendor or contractor has a unique CAGE code. However, before you even begin the SAM registration process, you need to already possess two things – an active DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) number and a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). Your business probably already has a taxpayer ID number, and applying for DUNS is quite simple and free as you can apply directly via the Dun & Bradstreet website. Typically, it takes just one or two business days to receive this number.

5. Federal Contractor Registry Can Help!
Did you know that it can take as many as 15 hours to complete the SAM registration process? The application is extremely complex and time consuming, but the good news is that we can complete the application for you, allowing you to focus on your business rather than trudging through the complexities of SAM registration. We are a third-party registration service that assists small to large businesses and Fortune 500 companies with SAM registration.

Most small businesses simply don’t have the time or the resources to complete this process in a timely manner, and the SAM registration process tends to dissuade small businesses from grabbing their share of the government contracting pie. If you are interested in government contracting, let us help you over the SAM hurdle. After we have completed and submitted your application, you should be fully qualified to bid for and accept federal, state and local government work within two weeks.

To get started with SAM registration, simply head to our homepage and click on the tabs that state, “Register Online” or “New Registration.” Fill out our quick form, and one of our knowledgeable registration specialists will contact you as quickly as possible.

Read More